We tend to realise the importance of good health just when we are experiencing a state of dis-ease. It is when we are not comfortable in our bodies, minds or relationships that we realise the value of overall wellbeing.
Ill-health is caused by an imbalance. This may be due to:
- psychological factors, related to the mental disharmony of the individual;
- physiological factors and the malfunctioning of certain organs or structures in the body
- external factors caused by bacteria, viruses, altered environment, unhealthy lifestyle.
In the philosophy of Yoga (Sankhya), the sages speak of three sources of suffering:
- suffering caused by ourselves due to our habits,
- mental patterns and perceptions of the world;
- suffering caused by the world outside us (other beings or situations);
- suffering caused by forces beyond our understanding (natural forces).
A regular yoga practice help us to better understand ourselves (habits, patterns and perceptions of the world). Thus, a yoga and meditation for health class is useful in dealing with the first and second sources of suffering.
A therapeutic one-to-one session is a holistic and complementary approach that has shown positive results in areas such as:
- Stress and anxiety management
- Reduction of insomnia episodes and improvement of sleep quality.
- Improving the quality of life of patients with chronic diseases such as: cardiovascular diseases, type I and II diabetes, cancer, fibromyalgia, respiratory diseases.
- Pain management
- Post-operative care: improved mobility and strength
- Depression and chronic fatigue
- Awareness, acceptance and self-esteem
We offer a private session to assess your situation and provide a practice to help you manage your affliction.
Take charge of your health right now by filling out this registration form and we will contact you shortly for a follow-up.